Friday, October 29, 2010

Something

Saya ragu.
Tapi harus maju.
Kamu! ya kamu itu orangnya.
Berani bangkit?
Bukan hanya untuk kamu
Laskarmu juga.


Something from Invictus (2009)

Mandela: What is your philosophy on leadership? How do you inspire your team to do their best?
François: By example… I’ve always thought to lead by example, Sir.
Mandela: Well that’s right. That is exactly right. But how to get them to be better than they think they can be?
That is very difficult. I find.
Inspiration perhaps… How do we inspire ourselves to greatness, when nothing else will do?
How do we inspire everyone around us.
I sometimes think it is by using the work of others.
On Robben island, when things got very bad… I found inspiration in a poem.
François: A poem…
Mandela: A Victorian poem. Just words…
But they helped me to stand when all I wanted to do was to lie down… It allowed me to expect more of myself.

No comments: